Brown-Forman announced Thursday the launch of Old Forester Cocktail Provisions. This collaboration between Louisville’s Bourbon and the first soy sauce microbrewery in the United States is very exciting. Bourbon Barrel Foods makes things like bourbon barrel aged or smoked spices, sugars, salt, vanilla and more. They have also been making the Woodford Reserve cocktail ingredients for years, so this collaboration totally makes sense. I predict we will be seeing more in this series soon.
The collection so far includes three types of bitters, two syrups, and a tincture. I can’t wait to pick these bitters up the next time I am at Bourbon Barrel Foods so I can try them out in my Manhattan study with Rosemary Miller. Old Forester Master Taster Jackie Zykan has created four cocktails with Old Forester Cocktail Provisions and Old Forester Bourbon to highlight the versatility of the new cocktail ingredients.
PERFECT OLD FASHIONED
- Ingredients: 2 oz Old Forester 100 Proof, 0.5 oz Perfect Old Fashioned Syrup
- Directions: Combine ingredients in mixing glass, stir with ice, strain over large ice cube in double old fashioned glass and garnish with lemon and orange peel.
- Ingredients: 1 oz Old Forester 100 Proof, 1 oz Half n Half, 0.5 oz Coconut Liqueur, 0.5 oz Crème de Cacao, 2 droppers Bohemian Bitters
- Directions: Combine all ingredients in shaker tin. Shake vigorously with ice. Strain into coupe glass. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
- Ingredients: 1 dropper of the Salt & Pepper Tincture combined with 1.5 oz Old Forester 86 Proof, 1 oz Sweet Vermouth and 1 oz Campari
- Directions: Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, stir with ice, strain into coupe and garnish with orange twist.
- Ingredients: 1.5 oz Old Forester 100 Proof, 1 oz Oleo Saccharum Syrup, 2 oz Water, 0.5 oz Lemon Juice
- Directions: Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into double old fashioned glass with fresh ice. Garnish with lemon peel and grated nutmeg.
Photos Courtesy of Old Forester